Youth in Mind Conference for Children and Young People’s Mental Health
March 27 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pmFree
Youth in Mind is a new SOLD OUT conference for anyone who works with children and young people in Oxfordshire.
With access to national and local experts, 50 exhibition stands, 20 workshops, performances, youth-Led training and much more.
Professor Mina Fazel – Oxford University Department of Psychiatry
Lucy Butler– Director of Childrens Services at Oxfordshire County Council
Lajla Johannson – Senior Commissioning Manager, Clinical Commissioning Group
Hannah Wilson – Aureus School Didcot and OxonMHWB
Richard Venables– The High Sheriff of Oxfordshire
The afternoon will give space for each delegate to attend 2 x 1 hr workshops. The following topics will be available for them to choose from:
- Active inclusion of LGBTI+ Young People with Dr Clara Barker
- Trauma with Betsy de Theirry
- Routes to Resilience – A Sense of Place with Annie Davy and Loren Green
- Teens, Technology and Mental Health with Gary Hibbins from TAB
- Yoga in Schools: Engaging wellness techniques for teacher and student in the classroom with Charlotta Martinus
- Anxiety with One-Eighty
- Responding to Self-Harm with Anne Peake
- Whole School Approach with Lucinda Powell
- Eating disorders with CAMHS
- Physical activity with Annie Sillence and Lucy Tappin
- An Introduction to Art Room practice with Ali Avery
- Laying the foundation for good mental health in children and young people with Sarah Darton
- Young Muslims: The Stigma of Mental Health with Imam Monawar Hussain
- Mind’s 5 ways to wellbeing for staff with Sara Keppie
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) with Jo Chapman from OXPIP
- The Mental Health of Children and Young People with SEN – One- Eighty
- A Creative Response- Martha 21 with the Ark T Centre
The day conference will be innovative, informative and inspiring.
You will gain:
- Knowledge of local and national policy relating to CYP mental health services
- Knowledge of best practice and preventative measures
- Awarneness of what is available to young people in your area
Please read the below forms prior to booking:
Oxfordshire Youth’s Privacy Statement
Oxfordshire Mind’s Privacy Statement
Photo Consent Statment
Conference Terms and Conditions
Please also be aware that there is NO TICKET HOLDER PARKING at the venue. Please use the Park and Ride service HERE.
If you are booking a stall, then you will have access to 1 parking space.
Please contact Laura Sewell at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a parking space for access or if you have any other enquiries.