Spaces are available on Tuesday 23rd April for young people from youth clubs and youth groups to visit Microsoft Office UK HQ for an experience day!
Microsoft believe it is incredibly important to pay it forward to the next generation by inspiring and educating them on the various types of technology that are being advanced and created this very second.
Currently, schools across the UK are offered the opportunity to visit Microsoft UK HQ but not many youth clubs or youth provisions. This year as part of Generation Code, Microsoft want to change that. They want to reach as many children, young adults and youth workers as possible, across the UK and bring them into Microsoft offices to show how using technology is not as difficult as many probably think and how to develop skills and knowledge.
Microsoft are looking for non-school groups upwards of 10 young people, aged 11-19 years old, consisting of both girls and boys, who have a variety of knowledge and interest in coding, technology and potentially, even a career in technology!
“If you’re interested in coding, that’s good enough for us, we’ll teach you the rest!”
An ‘Experience Day’ at Microsoft UK HQ will consist of the following (depending on availability):
- An introduction to new technology e.g. HoloLens, Surface Hub, Mixed Reality
- A tech lesson e.g. micro:bit, coding (python), etc.
- A tour around the facilities e.g. Xbox experience game room, The Connection
- A complimentary lunch
- ‘Day in the Life’ experience where they get to meet some of the amazing people who work across Microsoft in various areas (technical, comms and engineering etc.) and ask any questions you can think of!
- An inspirational talk followed by Q&A session
- A goodie bag
Please register your interest with Amy at [email protected] to find out further steps and how you and your club can come visit us!
If you can’t make the 23rd and are interested you can also get in touch with the hope that future dates will become available.