As part of volunteering week, which runs from 1- 7 June 2019, Oxford Community and Voluntary Action (OCVA) is offering 2 FREE workshops on recruiting volunteers.
Delivered by OCVA’s Volunteer Centre Coordinator, the content will cover volunteer inductions, effective communication with volunteers, strategies for maintaining volunteer motivation and how to deal with difficult situations involving volunteers. There will be opportunities throughout the workshop for discussion and reflection on your current approach to volunteer management, as well as practical suggestions for you to implement.
The workshop will be a hands-on and OCVA ask that you bring your own laptop and be able to access your emails online (as ‘Oxonvolunteers’ will send you passwords and login details direct to your email during the workshop). OCVA will provide access to free WiFi.
What will I learn?
The workshop will help you to:
- Use the services of OCVA to promote your volunteering opportunities and recruit volunteers.
- Use the excellent Oxford Volunteers (‘Oxonvolunteers’) brokerage site to recruit volunteers and promote your opportunities through the site. By the end of this session you will be able:
- Register your organisation on the site and develop its profile.
- Write volunteering specifications that attract the type of volunteers you require.
- Find out how to market your opportunities throughout Oxfordshire and raise your organisation’s profile.
Who should attend
Any member of staff, volunteer, committee member or trustee who is in charge of recruiting volunteers.
Monday 3rd June 2019 5pm -7pm
and will be repeated on the
Wednesday 5th June 2019 10am – 12pm
Please note: Places will be limited to 10 at each workshop (maximum of 2 per organisation at one session). You will need to book a place to attend either workshop. A waiting list will be set up as well so that extra sessions can be arranged subject to demand.
Venue: OCVA, Oxford Office Furniture Training Suite, The Old Court House, Floyds Row, St Aldates ,Oxford, OX1 1SS
For online booking, please click here.
If you have any further questions or need help with booking, please email [email protected]
or call 01865 251946.