Will have introductory documents as downloads, including deadlines.
Level 2 Award: This qualification embraces the National Occupational Standards for youth work. It supports the skills and knowledge learners need to become a competent Assistant Youth Support Worker. Learners will complete this qualification with a concrete understanding of the following:
- The key purpose and role of youth work including the skills, knowledge, qualities and values required to practice
- Safeguarding in a youth work setting, including how to protect young people when using contemporary technologies
- Young people’s development and how youth work can support young people during adolescence
Level 3 Diploma: The SEG Awards ABC Level 3 Diploma in Youth Work Practice (England) has been developed with industry experts including the National Youth Agency, ETS England and Wales. This qualification embraces the National Occupational Standards for youth work and is JNC recognised with endorsement by ETS England and Wales. It supports the skills and knowledge learners and practical experience required to become a competent Youth Support Worker. Learners will complete this qualification with a concrete understanding of the following:
- The values, core principles and current policies relating to youth work
- Intervention strategies in youth work settings
- The principles, knowledge and skills needed for work-based practice
- Working with Behaviour that challenges
- Reflective Practice and Work based-Practice
For those studying the level 3 Diploma there is a requirement that across the programme learners will undertake 80 hours of work experience in a youth work environment (paid or unpaid) throughout their learning journey. Learners must have access to a real work environment for most of the units.