Who We Are
WHO WE REACH
YOUTH SECTOR MEMBERS
REACHED THROUGH VOLUNTARY SECTOR WORK
young people completed ILM Accreditation in Leadership and Team Skills
SCHOOLS TRAINED IN CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE’S MENTAL HEALTH
school staff complete mental health training since February 2018
young people on our youth committee Voice
DBS PROCESSED A YEAR
In 1947, our predecessor organisation Oxfordshire Associations of Boys Clubs was founded to support voluntary led youth clubs across the county who supported boys. How times have changed. Today, we still support those voluntary led youth clubs and in addition, we support a whole youth sector of organisations, that support young people from all walks of life, all genders, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.
We are committed to work collaboratively to build a resilient sector that responds to the needs of all young people.
set up as Oxfordshire Association for Boys Clubs to support clubs working with young men.
- Charity cricket.
- Ran the residential part of Duke of Edinburgh Award.
12 members which were mainly city based Boxing Clubs.
- Youth activities for youth clubs.
- Period of change and consolidation.
- Re-brand to Oxfordshire Association for Young People (OAYP)
40 youth clubs
- Holiday roadshows – providing a full programme of activities throughout the summer holidays.
- Began the provision of mobile services;
- The Van Project, taking information out to young people in the community. The mobile youth club supported the opening of 15 new youth clubs.
- The A Team took activities to youth clubs and ran activities out of a van.
- Training for sports leaders.
- 110 members
- Project Infozone; working in partnership with Oxfordshire Count Council (OCC) to provide support for young people in schools and youth clubs providing information on a range of topics.
- Motivate young men project
- Motivate Young Women
- Sexual Health Project
- 2010 re branded to Oxfordshire Youth
- National Citizen Service (NCS)
- Voice Youth Committee
- Young Leaders Programme
- Takeover of Oxfordshire Children and Voluntary Youth Services (OCVYS) to expand OY’s offer of sector support to anyone working with children and young people
OUR YOUTH COMMITTEE
VOICE a network of young people, aged 13-18, from our member organisations across the county. They represent the voice of young people to support Oxfordshire Youth to understand and meet the needs of young people and the organisations they work with.